Tuesday 12 August 2014

Remembering Robin Williams

Woke this morning to the news that Robin Williams has died at his home in California, aged just 63. This is a sad loss. I found him to be a genuinely funny man, starting from when he came to my notice in the television programme "Mork & Mindy".


Robin Williams and Pam Dawber as Mork & Mindy

One of my best cinema memories. In the very large Odeon Leicester Square to see the newly released "Good Morning Vietnam" - the film contains a number of in-jokes about Nixon - I had recently finished my degree which included a course in American Politics - so myself and another chap at the other side of the very full cinema were the only two people laughing - a very strange moment that should have made me very subdued but he was so funny, I could not help myself but laugh outloud.

Thank you Robin.

1 comment:

  1. Jumanji was our family favourite not to mention what you have already mentioned.

    ReplyDelete