Thursday 30 April 2015

Visit to Plymouth and Bristol


I have had a great time on a visit to Plymouth and Bristol in the South-West of England.

First, two days on the Fortress Study Group Away Weekend in Plymouth, visiting some of the forts and batteries built in the 1860s to defend Plymouth from a land based attack. This postcard below is from the biggest fort in the defence, Crownhill Fort, now owned and operated by The Landmark Trust.


Map in the fort entrance 
My thanks to Keith Phillips for organising this and making a very good group of eighteen. We visited six works - I will sort out my photos and some maps and write a proper report over the next few days.

Second, I met with my Partner, B,to spend a couple of days in Bristol. What a lovely city this is, a great place for unwinding and eating too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment