Thursday 6 August 2015

U3A York Military History Group

The Chairman has issued the list of talks for the forthcoming year of Sept 15 to June 16. Some time ago I volunteered to talk about the Battle of Verdun in February as it is the 100th anniversary of the start of the battle. In a moment of madness I volunteered to give a second talk if the Chairman was short of a speaker.

About a year ago I bought this book and enjoyed it, I thought that would make a good talk.


So, I will give November's talk on this 1813/14 campaign.

I have bought two more books. I don't know much about the Peninsular Campaign so I got Charles Esdaile's book "The Peninsular War" to provide a general background to the campaign for me.


The second book is this Osprey Campaign book "Bayonne and Toulouse" to be a quick reference and fact checking book for the writing.

I think I will buy Fred Myatt's book of Sieges of the Peninsular War. If anyone knows of a book that may assist my writing I would be very grateful to receive any recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment