Monday 11 April 2016

"High Rise"


A month has passed since we last went to the cinema so we chose this British film to go and see. It is an adaptation of a J G Ballard novel from the late seventies, a very dystopian plot about a high-rise apartment building where the floors of residents start fighting each other.

I cannot make up my mind about this film. Maybe I  missed something. A very interesting cast list with some old names but some of the new, upcoming actors. An interesting idea. Good 1970's costume work and decorating of the apartments. But..it seemed long and ponderous and I was glad when it finished.

And now I don't know how to finish this blog........

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion - I read it when it was published - I don't not recommend it, but it does have a lot of fans so maybe they found something in it that I did not.

    ReplyDelete