Friday 19 May 2017

Bristol

I spent last weekend in Bristol and had a really nice time. 

City centres are changing, as the economy goes more online and as more people move back into the centres. Bristol is like a number of English cities, it is going through a period of regeneration. A lot of buildings are being repurposed; old warehouses are being gutted and converted to apartment blocks, bank branches are closing and being redeveloped into coffee shops or restaurants with apartments above. Small squares are being opened up for use. As an example, since my last visit a year ago, this footbridge has been installed.


Passed old and new buildings


91M refers to the length of the footbridge

It leads to this canyon between buildings

which leads onto a square holding a (weekly?) street food market

Back on the other side of the river, I came across another street food market.
All this food made me very hungry so stopped and had a delicious Moroccan chicken couscous - how trendy is that.....

It may not be the new Jerusalem, but for me, as a city boy I find these changes away from the old satanic mills to be stimulating and envigorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment